PantherExpress System Specialty Forms Training
Specialty Forms training is mandatory for approvers, authors of contracts-for-services, and those who submit paper disbursements. Live sessions have concluded and training is now available online.
The prerequisite for Specialty Forms training is Purchasing Fundamentals training.
Email Balazs Kudelasz at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the online version of Specialty Forms training. Once you are registered, you will receive login information via email.
Note: Registration is REQUIRED if you are in the process of satisfying training requirements in order to obtain access to Specialty Forms in the PantherExpress System. However, if you have already completed and received credit for Specialty Forms training and simply want a refresher, then you may use the links below without registering with Cathy Lewis.
Specialty Forms Training Modules
|Non-Contract Specialty Forms||How to request a payment using a specialty form that is not related to a contract (also known as agreements).|
|Using the Other Payment Request||How to request a payment that does not require a contract and is not a dues payment, membership registration payment, or refund request.|
|Contract Related Specialty Forms||How to request a payment using a specialty form that is related to a contract. Examples include the following contracts (also known as agreements): conference, event, services, research subcontract, and supplier provided agreements.|
|Entering an Invoice against a Contracted Related Specialty Form||How to enter and invoice as well as how to change or updated account numbers during invoicing.|
|Modifying an Approved Specialty Form||How to change a contract amount.|
|Making Payment to a New Supplier||How to add and pay a new supplier.|
|Specialty Forms Status Check||How to check approval status and payment status.|
- How to Create a Specialty Form Invoice (topic-specific excerpt)
- How to get a Specialty Form Invoice Paid (topic-specific excerpt)
- Specialty Forms Quick Reference Sheet
- Specialty Forms Training
- Demonstration Documents (used for live sessions and includes conference & hotel agreement, dues & professional memberships form, services agreement, and "other" payment request form)
- PantherExpress User Profile Form - Enrollment Summary
- Research Subcontract/Contracted Services Form - Instructions
- Specialty Forms Submission Requirements Matrix
Specialty Forms - Background & History
RC and Departmental Level Business Managers were introduced to Specialty Forms (via webinar) in December 2013. Business Managers were introduced to the new functionality, and they were asked to submit Specialty Forms Training Needs Assessments to identify how many people from each RC will require Specialty Forms training.
Business Managers (RC and Departmental Level) completed online Needs Assessments in order to identify individuals in each organization who perform the following functions:
- author contracts for services, and/or;
- submit paper disbursement requests; and
- individuals who approve these transactions.
Specialty Forms Training is mandatory for those who perform the bulleted functions above.
- Online Needs Assessment surveys (completed by RC & Departmental Business Managers) were submitted by December 20, 2013.
- Training for those identified on the Needs Assessment survey began on January 21, 2014, and all Pittsburgh campus responsibility centers were trained by June 30, 2014.
For questions, contact PantherExpress Customer Service by submitting an inquiry or by calling 412-624-3578
- Introductory webinar slides for RC & departmental business managers
- PantherExpress policy & procedure summary
- User Profile form with instructions
- User Profile form enrollment summary
- Conflict of Interest form
- Research Subcontract form PantherExpress System instructions
- Supplier Verfication form PantherExpress System instructions
- Purchasing Fundamentals online course
- Specialty Training online needs assessment
- All other PantherExpress System training schedules