The PantherExpress System is the recommended method to purchase most routine goods and services for the University. A PantherExpress Purchase Order or Services Agreement provides the best contractual terms and conditions to protect your department, and it simplifies accounting and purchase record-keeping.
Access the PantherExpress (purchasing) System through www.my.pitt.edu. If you are registered to use the PantherExpress System, an access point will be visible on the right hand menu of your my.pitt.edu account. If you are not registered to use the PantherExpress System, refer to these two pages for guidance: How to Become a PantherExpress System User and PantherExpress System Training Schedule.
If you need to use a P-card
The University also offers a P-card as a convenient supplemental purchase method for certain types of low-value, low-risk or emergency purchases. A P-card is an institutional purchasing VISA credit card administered through PNC Bank.
- Training for P-card Holders: Register through Faculty and Staff Development Program (FSDP) to attend a comprehensive course on P-card policies and procedures.
- Training for P-card Reviewers: Click here for access to P-card Reviewer training. This trainingis mandadory for all P-card Supervisors and Reviewers.
P-card Program Announcement 2015
P-card Policy: Usage Guidelines and Information about Prohibited purchases.
View the P-card policy for guidelines and information about prohibited purchases. Pages 3-6 in the P-card policy specifically address usage guideilnes and prohibited purchases.
- Hotel reservations & car rentals: P-card users are authorized to purchase hotel reservations and car rentals only if purchased through an approved travel agency.
- Imported books & journals: P-card users are authorized to purchase imported
books and journals. However, the P-card cannot be used to purchase other foreign
- Software: P-card holders who have completed
training are authorized to purchase the following types of software
with their P-cards: wrap, click-wrap, click-to-accept software and services, and business-related apps.
Note: a software purchase that requires a signed Software License Agreement is NOT considered certain Software and is therefore not eligible to be purchased with a P-card.
To register for the online training course, please contact Cathy Lewis, FIS, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the training, please contact Gary Hussar at email@example.com.
For P-card questions, please submit a P-card inquiry to PantherExpress Customer Service.