How To Become A PantherExpress System (Formerly PantherBuy) User
In order to become a PantherExpress System User, you must
1) complete the User Profile form: complete lines 1 through 7 on page 3, and sign line #12;
2) complete the Conflict of Interest module: if you completed the Conflict of Interest module earlier this year, you do not need to do it
again - print the last page, sign it, and forward it to the appropriate administrative staff
in your department to be placed on file; and
3) complete Purchasing Fundamentals training: completion of Purchasing Fundamentals training will satisfy the prerequisite to attend both PRISM and PantherExpress System
Training. Email Cathy Lewis at email@example.com to register for the
online version of Purchasing Fundamentals training. Once you are registered, you will receive login information via
email. *Shoppers are not required to complete this training.
- User Profile Form (PDF): Please send completed User Profile forms to PantherExpress System Solutions Team, not to a specific person.
- Department Approval
Form PDF OR Department Approval DocuSign Form
- Conflict of Interest Form (PDF) OR Conflict of Interest Superform (online)
Must attend Purchasing Fundamentals and PantherExpress Department Buyers training prior to receiving your PantherExpress credentials. You must fill out a User Profile form and submit the form to the PantherExpress Team with all appropriate signatures.
To register for the PantherExpress Department Buyers training class please visit www.cfo.pitt.edu/prism. Locate the "Training" area and select the training schedule for the month that you would like to attend. There are directions on who to contact at the bottom of each monthly schedule. After completion of the training, you will be emailed your username and initial password. View this FAQ for information about a Buyer's role.
Must attend an Approver webinar and Purchasing Fundamentals. You must fill out a User Profile form and submt the form to the PantherExpress Team with all appropriate signatures. In addition, your department administrator will need to fill out a Department Approval form and have your department updated. The form should be submitted to the PantherExpress Team with the appropriate signatures.
Must attend a Shopper webinar. Shoppers must also complete a User Profile form and submit the form to the PantherExpress Team. Shoppers are only required to have their supervisor sign their form. View this FAQ for information about a Shopper's role.
Purchasing Fundamentals training provides you with the following information:
- University policies for purchasing goods and services
- Your roles and responsibilities as a departmental purchaser
- The structure of Central Purchasing Department and its programs
- How best to utilize the Central Purchasing Department as an assistive resource in your purchasing role
- The purchasing process (step-by-step)
- How to avoid common purchasing problems
Purchasing Fundamentals training has traditionally been offered several times
per year as a live presentation through the Faculty and Staff Development
Program for University Business and Financial Services. Now the course is also
offered online and you are able to take it at your convenience.
Email Cathy Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the online version of Purchasing Fundamentals training. Once you are registered, you will receive login information via email.
User Access Policy: Each person requiring access to PantherExpress must register for a unique user account. Group accounts cannot be created. PantherExpress is an enterprise wide Purchasing/Financial system that permits users to purchase items against university accounts. Accordingly, PantherExpress is mandated to follow University of Pittsburgh policies 10-02-05 and 10-02-06 governing user access to the system. PantherExpress's adherence to this policy is overseen by the University's Internal Auditing Department and is subject to review by internal and external entities, as well as the NIH. Please refer to University policies 10-02-05 and 10-02-06 for more information.