The University of Pittsburgh is committed to environmental stewardship through sustainable purchasing, conservation, and construction designed to conserve natural resources and preserve the environment. Our purchasing processes seek to balance the following objectives.
- Increase the purchase of products with a reduced or minimal environmental impact as compared to other similar products and services that serve the same purpose.
- Comply with regulations requiring sound financial stewardship by the University.
- Comply with regulations that require the University to identify business opportunities for diversity and disadvantaged suppliers.
View selections below for specific information about the University's Sustainable Purchasing program.
- Our Commitment
- General Guidelines for Sustainable Purchasing
- Commodity Specific Guidelines
- Printer Settings and Savings
- Supplier Sustainability Programs