The University of Pittsburgh is committed to environmental stewardship through sustainable purchasing, conservation, and construction designed to conserve natural resources and preserve the environment. Our purchasing processes seek to balance the following objectives.
- Increase the purchase of products with a reduced or minimal environmental impact as compared to other similar products and services that serve the same purpose.
- Comply with regulations requiring sound financial stewardship by the University.
- Comply with regulations that require the University to identify business opportunities for diversity and disadvantaged suppliers.
The Facilities Management Division of the University is pleased to present the inaugural 2013 edition of the University of Pittsburgh Report on Sustainability: 2013 Report on Sustainability
View selections below for specific information about the University's Sustainable Purchasing program.
- Our Commitment
- General Guidelines for Sustainable Purchasing
- Commodity Specific Guidelines
- Printer Settings and Savings
- Steelcase Environmental Metrics Reporting
This metrics report has been developed by Steelcase for the University of Pittsburgh. It includes environmental goals and initiatives, the University's environmental metrics report, and Steelcase's sustainability report.
- Suppliers with Sustainability Programs