The University of Pittsburgh is committed to environmental stewardship through sustainable purchasing, conservation, and construction designed to conserve natural resources and preserve the environment. Our purchasing processes seek to balance the following objectives.
- Increase the purchase of products with a reduced or minimal environmental impact as compared to other similar products and services that serve the same purpose.
- Comply with regulations requiring sound financial stewardship by the University.
- Comply with regulations that require the University to identify business opportunities for diversity and disadvantaged suppliers.
The Facilities Management Division of the University is pleased to present the 2018 Pitt Sustainability Plan.
In February, 2018 Pitt received a Silver STARS designation from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE).
Supplier Driven Sustainability Highlights
Visit this page for information about supplier driven sustainability programs.
View selections below for specific information about the University's Sustainable Purchasing program.
- Our Commitment
- General Guidelines for Sustainable Purchasing
- Commodity Specific Guidelines
- Printer Settings and Savings