The PantherExpress System is the recommended method to purchase most routine goods and services for the University. A PantherExpress Purchase Order or Services Agreement provides the best contractual terms and conditions to protect your department, and it simplifies accounting and purchase record-keeping.
Access the PantherExpress (purchasing) System through www.my.pitt.edu. If you are registered to use the PantherExpress System, an access point will be visible on the right hand menu of your my.pitt.edu account. If you are not registered to use the PantherExpress System, refer to these two pages for guidance: How to Become a PantherExpress System User and PantherExpress System Training Schedule.
The University Travel Card is the preferred payment method for travel bookings and purchases, purchases in travel status, and for business entertainment expenses that cannot be purchased through the PantherExpress System. Conference registrations, memberships and dues, and travel purchases should be made only on the Unviersity Travel Card and not the P-Card.
For guidance on selecting an appropriate payment method for your purchase, please review this Payment Method Comparison table (excel) or contact PantherExpress Customer Service.
If you need to use a P-card
The University also offers a P-card as a convenient supplemental purchase method for certain types of low-value, low-risk or emergency purchases. A P-card is an institutional purchasing VISA credit card administered through PNC Bank. For more information about P-card use and examples of prohibited purchases, please review Policy 05-02-12, Procurement Card.
- Training for P-card Holders: All new P-card holders should sign up for the P-card: Purchasing Software online course.
- Training for P-card Reviewers: Before becoming a P-card Reviewer, you must complete the P-card: Reviewer online course. This training is mandadory for all P-card Supervisors and Reviewers.
- Training for P-card Redistribution: If you will be responsible for redistributing P-card charges you must attend the PRISM P-card Redistribution training which is an in-person training. If you are only responsible for redistribution and monthly reviews, you do not need to complete either of the other two online courses.
P-card Program Announcement 2015
P-card Policy: Usage Guidelines and Information about Prohibited purchases.
View the P-card policy for guidelines and information about prohibited purchases. Pages 3-6 in the P-card policy specifically address usage guideilnes and prohibited purchases.
All travel and business expenses should be purchased using the University Travel Card.
- Imported books & journals: P-card users are authorized to purchase imported
books and journals. However, the P-card cannot be used to purchase other foreign
- Software: P-card holders who have completed training are authorized to purchase the following types of software with their P-cards: wrap, click-wrap, click-to-accept software and services, and business-related apps.
Note: a software purchase that requires a signed Software License Agreement is NOT considered certain Software and is therefore not eligible to be purchased with a P-card.
To register for the online training course, please contact Balazs Kudelasz, FIS, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the training, please contact Gary Hussar at email@example.com.
For P-card questions, please submit a P-card inquiry to PantherExpress Customer Service.