The University of Pittsburgh his committed to a high standard of ethics and responsible stewardship in all endeavors, including those involving purchasing and payments. All University employees who initiate, influence or approve purchase and payment transactions are responsible for understanding and complying with University policies. The purchasing and payment policies seek to:
- achieve the best value purchases in a fair and impartial manner;
- safeguard University assets from fraud and theft;
- comply with federal, state and local regulations;
- advance the University’s goal of improving environmental performance; and
- provide opportunities to diversity suppliers.
Our suppliers and service providers also play a vital role in upholding the University’s reputation for excellence. We have high, yet achievable, standards for sourcing the best quality and best price goods and services. Just as important, the University expects its suppliers to uphold high ethical standards and follow all applicable laws. Adhering to these principles and doing business with those who do the same will help us maintain a strong University.
View the following policies for further information and details about the University's Purchasing Ethics policies:
05-02-14 Authority for Management of Procurement
05-02-15 Required Use of Contracted Suppliers
05-02-16 Competitive Bidding