Accident Reporting & Claims - Automobile (U. owned/leased)
Accident Reporting (Including Vandalism)
- Any and all accidents or incidents involving University vehicles/drivers and University business rentals must be reported.
- Complete and send a Vehicle
Accident Report Form,including photos of both vehicles damage, within 24-48 hours to:
- Office of Risk Management email@example.com
- Department Supervisor
- and the responsible department for managing repairs
(Fleet Management firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 412-624-1420, Athletics Administration, UPPD Motorcycles, Regional Campus, etc).
- Contact University of Pittsburgh Police or Regional Campus Security when accidents occur on or near campus at the time of the accident. In the event an accident involves injury or death of any person, or damage to any vehicle where it cannot be driven, immediately contact the nearest Police Department.
- Use of personal vehicles are discouraged by University policy, and the driver’s personal insurance is primary.
Read Policy >
NOTE: Injuries sustained by University employees while on University business must be reported to WorkPartners at 1-800-633-1197 in addition to this automobile accident reporting process.