Accident Reporting & Claims - Property (U. owned)
When all restoration (labor, equipment, etc) associated with a loss is
completed, submit a final “claim” to the Office of Risk
Management and provide in the following manner:
- Brief synopsis of loss description & date,
- Summarize/itemize all costs,
- Supporting documentation (invoices, proof of payment, contracts/ agreements), and
- Account number for inter-departmental cost reimbursement transfer.
All claim submissions will be evaluated subject to policy guidelines, and
therefore, full or partial reimbursements are subject to Risk Management and/or
Reasons for denial may include, but are not limited to:
- Lack of reporting incident timely,
- Failure to follow aforementioned guidelines,
- Failure to submit final claim reimbursement documentation timely,
- Lack of cooperation in the investigation process, etc.
Department may be reimbursed for insurable costs under the policy
deductible, subject to an internal University deductible ($10,000).
University-owned property is not subject to reimbursement.
- Claim reimbursement will not be processed If damaged
or stolen equipment is not repaired or replaced.